Outplacement is a situation in the corporate world where coaching proves particularly essential.
Outplacement occurs when businesses go through a restructuring phase. In such a situation, which is often difficult for both management and the employees concerned, there is a requirement for specific support.
What outplacement brings to a business
By offering the chance of a quick transition to employees leaving the company, a company can show its consideration toward its employees. In the short, medium, and long term, the effects of outplacement for the company are numerous:
Outplacement preserves commitment and morale among the remaining employees. It protects productivity. It prevents frustration, fear, and anxiety among those who are leaving and those who remain. It reduces the risk of litigation. It maintains positive relationships between the company and its former and current employees. It also preserves the company’s reputation as a “good employer” among future applicants.
Outplacement enhances the "global employment brand" and the company’s reputation.
What outplacement brings to its recipients
- The outplacement approach transforms a challenge (layoff) into an opportunity
- Outplacement allows for a detailed career-path assessment and helps identify skills (technical and social)
- Provides support in preparing new job application documents
- Clarifies and offers guidance on future professional career options
- Structures and quickens the job search
- Energizes potential and mobilizes it for action
- Prepares recipients to communicate their skills, motivations, and aspirations with conviction and enthusiasm
- Develops negotiation strategies
Outline of the mph-development approach
The outplacement procedure usually involves twelve sessions, each one lasting between one and a half to two hours. Two sessions are organized with an invited expert to strengthen the specific development of the recipient. Every expert is chosen according to the individual objectives of the outplacement plan. The approach comprises:
- Initial contact session
- Proposal of a customized outplacement plan (assessment and development)
- Two sessions dedicated to skills assessment and CV / resume structure
- Eight sessions on
- development of job search strategies
- examination of the recipient’s role in professional dynamics
- preparation for job interviews
- Two sessions about self-image and self-esteem
Specifics of the mph-development approach and its network of experts
mph-development combines the tools of coaching and psychology to offer outplacement designed to meet each client’s specific needs. The expert network of mph-development enriches and strengthens the transformations brought about by outplacement work. This approach to outplacement engages the client in their career transition in a dynamic and pragmatic way.